1) I said, "Yes!" to THE dress. After only two trips I found my bridal gown. It is lovely and I fawn over pictures of it on a daily basis. Trip Number 1 to the store produced two possibilities and when I made the call on one of them I shortly thereafter realized it had been worn by one Ms. Mego last July in her own wedding. Other possibility kind of seemed tarnished and not quite me at that point so I returned with pictures and on Trip Number 2 one of the pictures became a reality. Even a size too small it was clearly the one. Therefore, I am happy to report I will be fully clothed come February 1, 2014.
2) I witnessed the city of Boston and the surrounding areas survive and overcome trajedy with grace.
4) I turned 30. We had a good old fashioned BBQ in the back yard and I rang in 30 right with about 25 of my friends. It involved having a cake with a cat holding a bottle of vodka skiing down a soccer ball.
5) Speaking of cats, meet the newest addition to the McBates household:
6) My lovely friend Gulia from college got married to an equally lovely gentleman. They are going to have very tall children. They tied the knot at the Publick House out in Sturbridge, MA and aside from my air guitar breaking one of the photographers cameras (not badly - it was an easy fix) the evening went off without a hitch. They are currently consummating their union with Tequila down in Mexico.
Coming up next...
BRIDESMAID DRESS SHOPPING and SALLY'S WEDDING and TRIP TO P-TOWN. So much summer goodness. I'll try my best to be a good blog mommy - no promises though.